Monday, April 8, 2013

Penny Lane is in My Ears

  For those of you who love classic rock and haven't seen 2000's Almost Famous, I highly recommend you go see it. To be honest, the main reason I liked this film so much was the music and the sense of nostalgia it gave me. I wasn't a big fan of the plot, or many of the characters, to be honest. But it's definitely a must-see for classic rock fans.
  One of the characters in it includes the infamous groupie Penny Lane, played by Kate Hudson. Penny has the BEST sense of style. Seriously, I wish I could go to school dressed as her every day. She wears large poofy fur jackets, seriously my favorite boots ever (in the picture directly below), flowy shirts, mini skirts, and amaaaazing round glasses, a la John Lennon. I think Penny definitely rocks the groupie look, I wish I could rock it like she does.

Some more groupie fashion

My Polyvore


Since 8tracks is now blocked on my school computer, I decided I'd just do this playlist by hand. So enjoy these groupie/Penny songs!

  1. "Honky Tonk Women" by The Rolling Stones
  2. "No More Mr. Nice Guy" by Alice Cooper
  3. "Custard Pie" by Led Zeppelin
  4. "Do You Wanna Touch Me (Oh Yeah)" by Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
  5. "Rock the Casbah" by The Clash
  6. "She's a Woman" by The Beatles
  7. "Foxy Lady" by The Jimi Hendrix Experience
  8. "Star, Star" by The Rolling Stones
  9. "Rock and Roll" by Led Zeppelin
  10. "Penny Lane" by The Beatles

2 comments:

  1. i love kate hudson so much! <3 did you know she's goldie hawn's daughter???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhh Almost Famous is one of my favourite films everrrrr, plus the soundtrack is incredible. Love this post :)

    ReplyDelete