Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Sunshine, Lollipops & Rainbows

My favorite movie, Harold and Maude!
  Now that it's officially spring here in Massachusetts, (you can tell because its actually sunny, and its a whopping 70°F here today!) the sun is shining, the trees are starting to grow their leaves again, and flowers are finally sprouting up again. 

Screen cap from Harold and Maude.
Miss Pamela and Marianne Faithfull, two of my favorite women.
I've started working at Dairy Queen again, and although I'll admit I was rather nervous to start working again, working in the spring is much more exciting than working in the fall and winter. Not only am I making more in tips (in three hours in the fall/winter I'd typically make around $8 in tips, now I make anywhere between $15-20 in three hours), but there are also more customers, keeping me busy and making time go by much quicker.
I'm glad I'm not the "new girl" anymore too. I'm still their youngest employee, but they're training new people to work there, and therefore, I don't feel 100% stupid for messing up, like I did before. Plus the toppings are super yummy, so I basically eat my weight in everything from cookie dough to cheesecake bites daily. That's the best part about working; the free food. I can make pretty much all the ice cream I want, I love it. Even though I'm not an ice cream fan, my family is, so I bring them home whatever they want. Alright already, enough about work. Just enjoy the pretty pictures and have a fabulous Tuesday!
Screen cap from Moonrise Kingdom.
Screen cap from Heavenly Creatures.
Trippy stickers from the 1980's. 
Sylvie Vartan.
From Rookie.
The Beatles show off their love of the outdoors.


  1. "That's the Way" by Led Zeppelin
  2. "The Village Green Preservation Society" by The Kinks
  3. "Crimson and Clover" by Tommy James & The Shondells
  4. "Wear Your Love Like Heaven" by Donovan
  5. "Monday Monday" by the Mamas and the Papas
  6. "Picture Book" by The Kinks
  7. "Strawberry Fields Forever (Take 1, the most beautiful version in my opinion) by The Beatles
  8. "Jennifer Juniper" by Donovan
  9. "Sunshine, Lollipops, and Rainbows" by Lesley Gore

1 comment:

  1. Such a good playlist! And Harold and Maude is sucj a brilliant movie :) love this post xx

    ReplyDelete