Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Technicolor Dreams



This picture makes me so happy by the way, I just LOVE this watch

  
  I've been freaking out lately due to school and whatnot, so I figured I'd vent in a blog post. As you all know, I hate the American education system, and think it's highly flawed. So I've been spending a ridiculously large amount of time on the internet lately in an attempt to calm myself down. In doing so I found a band on Spotify (follow mine here :) called Sweet that were dominant in the mid-seventies glam scene. They sound like an offspring of Cheap Trick and the Bay City Rollers to me, and I really like them. Plus, look at their outfits:
They're so glamtastic, it hurts.
 
  Seriously, who can't love these guys and their outfits? I really like their sound, and especially their look. It got me thinking about how much I love sixties and seventies technicolor (even though in the seventies technicolor wasn't being used as much, when it was used, it was FAB), so here's a tribute to the songs and images that've inspired me within the past 24 hours.


  1. "Ballroom Blitz" by Sweet
  2. "I Only Wanna Be With You" by the Bay City Rollers
  3. "Just Got Back" by Cheap Trick
  4. "Hi Hi Hi" by Paul McCartney & Wings
  5. "Saturday Night" by the Bay City Rollers
  6. "Fox on the Run" by Sweet
  7. "Blister in the Sun" by the Violent Femmes
  8. "Float On" by Modest Mouse
  9. "No Sugar Tonight" by the Guess Who
  10. "Ashes to Ashes" by David Bowie








1 comment: