Sunday, December 8, 2013

This is the End

  Beautiful friend. This is the end, my only friend, the end. Of all elaborate plans, the end. Of everything that stands, the end. No safety or surprise, the end. I'll never look into your eyes, again..



  God, I love the Doors. But enough of that, haha. I've felt this hauntingly lonesome feeling all weekend, mixed in with a wave of nostalgia from about two or so years ago. It's a weird time for me, is what I'm trying to say.. I've been listening to a lot of music, and maybe if you listen to that same music, you'll get a sense of what I'm trying to say...


  1. "Lonesome Town" by Ricky Nelson
  2. "Love Will Tear Us Apart" by Joy Division
  3. "The Killing Moon" by Echo and the Bunnymen
  4. "Head over Heels" by Tears for Fears
  5. "How to Disappear Completely" by Radiohead
  6. "The End of the World" by Skeeter Davis
  7. "Summer Daze" by Slowdive
  8. "The End" by the Doors



  I've also been watching a lot of movies this weekend. I watched the infamous Donnie Darko for the second time in two years, and it left me with this strange void of emptiness inside. That's where the songs by Joy Division, Echo and the Bunnymen, and Tears for Fears come from. That movie has a lovely soundtrack by the way, something I didn't notice the first time around. It's also a wonderful movie for those of you who haven't seen it, so I highly recommend that.
  I also watched SLC Punk for the first time, and I really liked it. It had that perfect mixture of darkness and a quirky attitude to instantly make me like it. Hell, I even dyed my hair blue today, mainly from main character Stevo's influence (that, and because I've wanted blue hair for a solid year now, ahha). I really recommend that movie as well.
  "End of the World" by Skeeter Davis is from Girl, Interrupted, which I didn't watch this weekend, but have seen enough times that I'm able to tie it in with these other movies I watched. It's definitely in my top 10 favorite movies of all time, and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!! Seriously though, it's just a purely wonderful film. 





  That's really it folks, but I hope everyone is having a lovely December so far, and I really do hope from the bottom of my heart that you all aren't having a depressing holiday season like me! xx

Also rest in peace, Johnny boy! The world misses you xox

No comments:

Post a Comment